Regional Community Networks
Regional Community Networks (RCNs) provide advice and guidance to Multicultural NSW and help make connections with communities in their regions.
They include formally appointed members selected for their knowledge, expertise and influence on issues relating to cultural diversity in their regions.
RCNs operate in nine regions:
- Greater Sydney (East and North)
- Greater Sydney (West and South)
- New England and North-West
- Murray Lower Darling
- Hunter and Central Coast
- Illawarra and South East NSW
- Northern NSW
- Western NSW
Who is eligible?Top
- Are active within their community and have extensive networks within their regional community
- Have close connections with, and understanding of, new and emerging communities in their region
- Have demonstrated interest and expertise in matters relating to cultural diversity in NSW
- Have lived experience of issues relating to cultural diversity
- Have access to communications channels to share information and resources with communities in their region, and to gather insights on community sentiment and experiences in their region
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity, respect, compassion and influence in their regional community
- Are willing to champion the REP and commit to participating in REP engagement opportunities and activities throughout the year.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Work, study or volunteer in NSW
- Demonstrate a significant connection and/or commitment to your regional community
- Show interest and expertise in matters relating to cultural diversity in NSW.
- Be prepared to share information across their networks
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete a WWCC and Criminal History Check
- Complete an RCN Nomination Forum and include their CV
a. multicultural and multilingual community media organisations
b. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community organisations
c. a disability services organisation
d. social enterprises
f. not-for-profit organisations
g. regional or state-wide peak multicultural/interfaith organisations
h. faith-based or community-led organisations.
i. multicultural youth groups
What is the Selection criteria?
- RCN members are to be appointed by the Minister.
- Membership can be altered at any time and members can choose to opt out of the RCN after giving a two weeks’ notice in writing.
- All nominations for appointment to the RCNs are to be formally submitted in writing to Multicultural NSW. Nominees must complete the nomination form and include a CV with the contact details of two referees.
- All nominations will be assessed by an internal Committee of Multicultural NSW staff and Advisory Board members and recommendations will be made to the Minister.
- RCN membership will be formalised by the Minster for Multiculturalism.
RCN Nomination formTop
Nominations to become part of the RCNs have now closed.
Individuals who have submitted a nomination will be contacted shortly to be informed of next steps. If you are still interested in being a part of the Regional Engagement Program (REP) you can register for the REP here and we will be in touch.
If you have any other questions or want to talk to us about your community, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominate to become part of the RCN’s
Download or view the nomination form online