Multicultural NSW is committed to equal employment opportunities, work health and safety, best practice multicultural principles and ethical work practices.
Applicants for temporary positions must be: Australian citizens or permanent residents or temporary residents with a current work visa.
Multicultural NSW Advisory Board
Multicultural NSW plays an important role in building and maintaining a cohesive and harmonious multicultural society that enriches the lives of all the people of NSW. Our Advisory Board draws on the cultural diversity, skills and expertise of its members to represent the community and provide advice to NSW Government.
PART-TIME ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER
Expressions of Interest
The Multicultural NSW Advisory Board, which is constituted under the Multicultural NSW Act 2000, is an independent body that draws on the cultural diversity, skills and experience of its members to provide advice to the agency and the Minister.
The Act provides for the constitution of the Multicultural NSW Advisory Board to consist of the Chief Executive Officer and not more than 15 part-time members appointed by the Governor. One of the 15 part-time members is appointed as Chairperson of the Advisory Board and two are youth members, who are not less than 18 years old and not more than 24 years at appointment.
Advisory Board Members must:
- Be actively engaged in and committed to cultural diversity
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia
- Possess relevant professional expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Emerging communities/new arrivals
- Sport and the arts
- Health, aged care and disability
- Education and Research
- Business and Corporate Networks
- Community leadership and languages
The Multicultural NSW Advisory Board convenes bi-monthly and Advisory Board members are also required to chair regional advisory councils, with some intrastate travel and overnight stays involved.
Members are required to:
- Attend Advisory Board meetings
- Attend community events
- Represent Multicultural NSW at forums and events
- Advocate for multicultural principles, cultural diversity and social cohesion
How to Apply
Applications for Advisory Board positions are currently closed.