Natalie Ward med rel – Religious and multicultural leaders thanked for delivering message
Religious and community leaders are being thanked by the NSW Government for helping deliver the crucial stay at home message to our multicultural community.
Minister for Multiculturalism Natalie Ward said there is overwhelming support to ensure everyone is aware of the public health orders.
“I want to thank all members of our community for supporting the NSW Government’s response in our fight against COVID-19.” Mrs Ward said.
“People are hearing our messages and are overwhelmingly following the restrictions.
“To ensure we are reaching as many people as possible, we have been rolling out a targeted campaign in key community languages.
“I am extremely grateful to our faith and community leaders who have been working tirelessly with us to ensure everyone in our community has access to reliable and trusted information.”
The multifaceted campaign has included:
- Translated resources covering specific health information including stay at home orders in almost 60 languages.
- Religious, community and multicultural online media forums engaging hundreds of leading representatives.
- Online videos in multiple languages shared with community organisations and networks promoting the stay at home message.
- Increased presence on multicultural community radio.
- Working with religious and community leaders to share information through their networks.
- Outreach work by the local health districts.
Full page newspaper advertisements will also appear in multicultural media this week.
“No matter what language we speak, it is critical all members of our community understand the public health advice,” Mrs Ward said.
“I again thank our leaders for disseminating the information and guiding their communities through this time. It is vital everyone knows to stay home to keep you and your loved ones safe.”
For more resources in your language, please visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/resources-other-languages
MEDIA: Nina Stevens | Minister Ward | 0412 438 647