Multicultural NSW is currently seeking expressions of interest from highly motivated and experienced Telephone Interpreters from all over Australia in all languages for our new telephone interpreting service.
About Multicultural NSW
Multicultural NSW is launching a new telephone interpreting service. The service will provide on-demand and pre-booked telephone interpreting services to NSW clients and agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our interpreters are employed as a casual employee under the Multicultural NSW Telephone Interpreters Remuneration and Conditions of Employment Determination 2017.
Important Note: Registration on the Multicultural NSW casual panel of telephone interpreters will be for a period of up to twelve (12) months with a possibility for re-engagement.
Assess your eligibility
Candidates MUST have:
- NAATI Interpreter certification or accreditation at the highest level available for their language. Recognition may be accepted for languages not yet tested by NAATI
- A current Working with Children Check from your state or territory of residence (for paid work)
- Certified copies of 100 points of identification documentation
- Birth Certificate or Passport or Certificate of Naturalisation
- Driver's Licence
- Proof of Change of Name (if applicable)
- Permanent residency or valid work visa (if applicable)
- Relevant and current work experience
- A current resume including the contact details for two referees
- Excellent English skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the AUSIT Code of Ethics
**Certified copies need to be sighted and signed by a registered Justice of the Peace.
Candidates MUST be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or Temporary resident with a valid work visa to apply.
How to apply
Please submit your expression of interest by completing the online application - click the “Apply Now” button.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that you upload the required documents at time of application. Failure to do this will delay the progress of your application.
Candidates must submit documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format only.
The Language Services Division will review all applications against the requirements of the role and candidates will be shortlisted.
If your application progresses through to the next stage, you will be provided with further information.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Find out more
Click here to view the role description
Closing date: This is an ongoing recruitment campaign, there is no end date at this stage.
For enquiries: Manager Panel and Industry Development via email firstname.lastname@example.org