NSW is one of the most multicultural communities in the world. In our society, working with people from many different backgrounds is a normal part of our day to day lives.
Building knowledge and an understanding of Australia’s diverse cultures and practices can be a key factor to achieving business success. That’s why we’ve collaborated with SBS and International Education Services to launch a Cultural Competency Program.
Cultural Competency training can benefit your organisation by:
- delivering better service to diverse communities
- creating a competitive advantage
- increasing innovation
- increasing the talent pool, allowing you to become an employer of choice
- providing a social license to operate
- meeting legal requirements and reduce risk.
The Cultural Competence Program has been developed as a cost-effective way to train large numbers of employees to maximize the benefits of cultural diversity.
- be more effective and efficient in dealing with people from diverse cultures on a day to day basis
- be better managers of diverse teams
- be more capable of building respectful relationships
- be ready for further training
- have ongoing access to detailed culture specific information
- enrich their lives through better understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
About the training The Cultural Competence Program explores important topics including cross-cultural communication, addressing stereotypes, unconscious bias and diversity in the workplace both a mobile application and an online tool designed for public and private organisations that.
The training is made up of eight easy-to-use multimedia learning modules which include animations, engaging activities and video interviews featuring real stories and workplace experiences.
Accessed using the app on mobile devices or online, the Cultural Competence Program provides flexibility for employees to complete the course whenever and wherever they want. The program can also be integrated in to existing learning management systems.
Find out more:
If you have any questions about Multicultural NSW we would love to hear from you.
Contact Multicultural NSW
or call (02) 82556767
© This website contains information, data, documents, pages and images (“the material”) prepared by Multicultural NSW. The material is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and is owned by the State of New South Wales through Multicultural NSW.Multicultural NSW encourages the availability, dissemination and exchange of public information. You may copy, distribute, display, download and otherwise freely deal with the material for any purpose, on the condition that you include the copyright notice, “© State of New South Wales through Multicultural NSW” on all uses.